History of Pennsylvania Drilling Company and Penndrill Manufacturing.
Pennsylvania Drilling Company’s roots go back to a period of unprecedented industrial growth in the United States, when industry
needed more accurate information about the earth and its resources. Our predecessor, the J. A. Brennan Drilling Co. was
founded in 1900 in the Scranton-Wilkes Barre area. In 1915, it moved headquarters to Pittsburgh and changed the name to
Pennsylvania Drilling Company. Activities included all forms of mineral exploration, large diameter core drilling or “Calyx”
system and water well drilling. Environmental drilling for sampling and monitoring wells became a significant portion of
the drilling business in the late 1980’s and we retain that capability today. In 1947, we introduced a complete line of
drilling tools and equipment under the name of “PENNDRILL”. By 1950, we had developed “thin wall” diamond bits for masonry
drilling and increased our line of tools for the rapidly expanding soil mechanics and geotechnical industry. In 1989, we
moved to our present manufacturing location in McKees Rocks, PA and began expanding our manufacturing capabilities with
CNC lathes and a Vertical machining center. Today, PENNDRILL equipment sells worldwide. In 2007, our expanding manufacturing
required us to move our central offices and contract drilling division to Imperial, PA. In 2009, we acquired manufacturing
and fabrication facilities in Woodstock, Virginia for the manufacture of Colcrete, high-shear colloidal grouting equipment,
material silos and construction tooling for the Heavy Civil and foundation industry. This division was moved to Winchester,
Virginia in 2012 where we manufacture and rent our mixers, silos and tooling.