Work for Us?
Download an employment application.
The Making of a Company
Pennsylvania Drilling Company’s roots go back to a period of unprecedented industrial growth in the United States, when industry needed more accurate information about the earth and its resources. Our predecessor, the J. A. Brennan Drilling Co. was founded in 1900 in the Scranton-Wilkes Barre area. In 1915, it moved headquarters to Pittsburgh and changed the name to Pennsylvania Drilling Company.
Activities included all forms of mineral and water exploration. In 1989, we moved to our present manufacturing location in McKees Rocks, PA. In 1947, we introduced a complete line of drilling tools and equipment under the name of “PENNDRILL”. By 1950, we had developed “thin wall” diamond bits for masonry drilling and increased our line of tools for the rapidly expanding soil mechanics and geotechnical industry. Today, PENNDRILL equipment sells worldwide.
In 2007, our expanding manufacturing required us to move our central offices and contract drilling division to Imperial, PA. In 2009, we acquired manufacturing and fabrication facilities in Woodstock, Virginia for the manufacture of Colcrete grouting equipment, material silos and construction tooling for the foundation industry. This division was moved to Winchester, Virginia in 2012.